Welcome to The Ivy League Look

This blog presents a historical view through articles, photographs, reminiscences, and advertisements, of an American style of men's fashion of the mid-20th century known as "The Ivy League Look" or "The Ivy Look."

This blog will not present modern-day iterations of this "look"; it will be shown in its original context as an American style worn during this specific era. Author commentary will be kept to a minimum.

This is not a commercial site and links to commercial sites will not be posted.

March 4, 2010

Chevy Caprice Wagon, 1967


Ivy. The suit, not the wagon.

I'm not sure what he's up to (a little suspicious, no?) but I like the suit.

4 comments:

Richard M said...

The 60's weren't all hippies.

Main Line Sportsman said...

Suspicious is right...the guy is kinda creepy...I hear him inquiring: "Young Ladies...would you each like to earn five bucks the hard way." LOL

Unknown said...

I like the car. My family bought a new one in '67 from Werring Chev-Olds; ours was white with the faux wood grain sides. In lieu of that 3rd seat, there was a capacious storage cavity below and one off to the side.

My brother and I could completely disappear within these. Curled up inside, I could hear the concrete seams of Rt. 22 in NJ going thunk-thunk-thunk-thunk as they whizzed by at 60 MPH, just 8 inches under my ear.

On a positive note, it allowed us to fully isolate ourselves from the haze of cigarette smoke emanating from the front.

David V said...

I always got car sick riding in the back.